Tragic: Jacob Vogelman ( above left) and Jessie Streich-Kest were crushed by a falling tree as they walked their dog in Brooklyn in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy
Dog lover and political activist: Jessie Streich-Kest was killed by a falling tree when our walking her dog, Max
Shockwaves: Scene of the tree fall in Ditmas Park that killed dog walkers Ms Streich-Kest and Mr Vogelman
Buried: Emergency services remove the two bodies from beneath the tree in Ditmas Park, Brooklyn
Dangerous: A woman was electrocuted when a length of power line brought down by the storm in Richmond Hill, Queens, started sparking.
Tragedy: A large tree is felled in Tottenville – the area was in one of the state’s mandatory evacuation zones.
- Off-duty NYPD officer Artur Kasprzak drowned saving seven family members, including 15-month-old son
- Two friends in Brooklyn, Jessie Streich-Kest, 24, and Jacob Vogelman, 23, struck by tree while walking their dog – but bodies were not discovered until next day
- Two-year-old and four-year-old feared dead after mother’s SUV flipped, while at least three children killed by falling trees
- Elderly residents also succumbed to storm’s strength including Herminia St John, 75, who died when her respirator stopped during power cut
- Lauren Abraham, 23, was electrocuted by a downed power cable having gone out to take photographs
- Tony Laino, 29, was killed in his bed when a tree crashed through his house
- Richard Everett, 54, and his wife Elizabeth killed in their car by falling tree in Mendham, New Jersey as their children looked on
For full article and additional photos, click the link above which was written and published by Dailymail.co.uk on October 31, 2012